KeraStat® Cream: Keratin for Dermatology Wound Care Cream
Better Post Procedure Dermatology Wound Management
KeraStat® Cream harnesses the power of keratin proteins to support the management of dry, light, and moderately exuding partial thickness skin wounds. KeraStat® Cream is FDA cleared and available in 5 mL tubes for dermatology markets. Rx only.
At KeraNetics™, we understand there are many OTC and Rx products on the market that show limited efficacy. KeraStat® Cream has been developed as a medical product to give you and your patients an effective dermatology wound care product that you can feel confident giving your patients for post procedure wound care.
Empowering Dermatologists to Provide Better Care for Patients Dermatology Using Keratin Proteins
By applying KeraStat® Cream to the post treatment wound area, the patient should see a noticeably shortened period of erythema. With continued use of KeraStat® Cream, our pilot studies in breast, head, neck and throat radiotherapy treatments produced later onset and less severe cases of dry and moist desquamation and ulceration. Post procedure wounds like those produced from laser resurfacing should see similar results as those seen in our pilot studies.
For post procedure treatment areas, refer to product application instructions described on the other side of this document. Variation in amount needed may occur depending on the size of the treatment area.
How to Apply KeraStat® Cream
When do you treat your patients with KeraStat® Cream?
Patient skin biology is often different even when physical appearance is similar. In your practice, you routinely see patients that may develop significantly longer wound recovery rates. KeraStat® Cream is a novel solution to manage recovery rates using the power of keratin proteins.
To get the best results, KeraStat® Cream should be used post procedure according to the directions for uses on the back of this document.
KeraStat® Cream has been developed for post procedure wound management and increasing your patient’s Quality of Life.
- Prepare the treated area by cleaning with warm water and mild, fragrance-free soap.
- Apply KeraStat® Cream two times a day (recommended once in the morning and once before bed).
- KeraStat® Cream is a medical product. It is not meant to replace your patient’s daily moisturizing routine, which can be used in combination with KeraStat® Cream.
- Squeeze a small pea sized dab of KeraStat® Cream from the tube and cover the treatment area and surrounding skin.
- Lightly spread KeraStat® Cream to form a thin layer over the area of skin treated and edges of skin around the affected area. Ensure the entire treated area is covered lightly with the cream.
- There is no need to over-use. A pea sized dab should cover an area the size of your hand. If pilling (balling) occurs, the cream was applied too thickly or rubbed in too aggressively. Do not apply KeraStat® Cream four hours prior to a dermatology procedure.
- A secondary dressing may be applied if desired.
Purified water, glycerin, mineral oil, keratin, caprylic triglyceride, dimethicone, sodium polyacrylate, hydrogenated polydecene, trideceth-6, sodium stearoyl glutamate, phenoxyethanol, and ethylhexylglycerin.
KeraStat® Cream is not indicated for full thickness or third-degree burns. Please refer to full product package insert for additional instructions for use.
KeraStat Cream® is not cleared by the FDA for use with atopic dermatitis (i.e., atopic eczema).
KeraStat® is a registered trademark, and the product incorporates patented and/or patent pending technologies owned by KeraNetics, Inc. Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.