KeraStat® Cream: Better Management of Radiation Dermatitis
KeraStat® Cream harnesses the power of keratin proteins to support the management of dry, light, and moderately exuding partial thickness skin wounds such as radiation dermatitis resulting from a fractionated radiotherapy regimen. KeraStat® Cream is FDA cleared and available in 1 oz. and 5 mL tubes. Rx only. At KeraNetics™, we understand there are many OTC and Rx products on the market that show limited efficacy. KeraStat® Cream has been developed to finally give you and your patients an effective solution for the management of radiation dermatitis.
Empowering Clinicians to Provide Better Care for Radiotherapy
By applying KeraStat® Cream after the first radiotherapy treatment, the patient should see a noticeably shortened period of erythema. With continued use of KeraStat® Cream, our pilot studies of breast, head, neck and throat radiotherapy treatments produced later onset and less severe cases of dry and moist desquamation and ulceration. KeraStat® Cream can also be used on patients with skin and other cancers receiving radiotherapy.
For small treatment areas, a single 1 oz. tube should last the duration of an 8-week therapy session. Variation may occur depending on the size of the treatment area.
When do you treat your patients for Radiodermatitis with KeraStat® Cream?
Patient skin biology is often different even when physical appearance is similar. In your practice, you routinely see patients that may or may not develop significant symptoms of radiodermatitis. KeraStat® Cream is a solution to manage these symptoms. To get the best results, KeraStat® Cream should be used prophylactically to help prevent the onset of radiodermatitis and/or lessen the severity of symptoms. If your practice waits for symptoms of radiodermatitis before prescribing treatment, KeraStat® Cream can still be effective. KeraStat® Cream has been developed to manage the symptoms of radiodermatitis and increase your patient’s Quality of Life.
- Start using KeraStat® Cream following first radiation treatment. Prepare the treated area by cleaning with warm water and mild, fragrance free soap.
- Twice daily, express a small pea sized dab of KeraStat® Cream from the tube and cover the treated area and surrounding skin.
- Lightly spread KeraStat® Cream to form a thin layer over the treatment surface and edges of uninjured adjoining skin. Ensure the entire treated area is covered lightly with the cream.
- KeraStat Cream is not meant to replace the patient’s daily moisturizing routine, which can be continued as directed.
- Do not apply KeraStat® Cream four hours prior to a radiation session.
- A secondary dressing may be applied if desired.
Purified water, glycerin, mineral oil, keratin, caprylic triglyceride, dimethicone, sodium polyacrylate, hydrogenated polydecene, trideceth-6, sodium stearoyl glutamate, phenoxyethanol, and ethylhexylglycerin.
KeraStat® Cream is not indicated for full thickness or third-degree burns. Please refer to full product package insert for additional instructions for use.
KeraStat® is a registered trademark, and the product incorporates patented and/or patent pending technologies owned by KeraNetics, Inc. Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.